A mother of three beautiful girls, Pearline started her babywearing journey in 2004 and subsequently began teaching friends and neighbours how they could easily benefit from babywearing using the humble ring sling not just to carry but also increase the rate of success with breastfeeding. She has worn all her children from birth as well as her nephew whom she helped care for. Recognizing that the community can benefit greatly from babywearing and more specifically ergonomic babywearing, she started Baby Slings & Carriers – the 1st Babywearing Specialist Store in Singapore/ Asia in 2007 to reach out to more parents. In 2017 & 2018, she also brought in Die Trageschule, Dresden courses to Singapore, training new babywearing consultants in Southeast Asia to reach out to even more parents.
Recognizing that every family and baby’s needs is unique, she is passionate about helping parents navigate through the sometimes confusing babywearing world while finding the right solution for their preferences and needs. With more than 10,000 babywearing fittings done over more than 10 years of educating parents in Singapore and Southeast Asia (including some special needs cases), Pearline has helped many parents and babies successfully begin their babywearing journeys.
- (2018) Babywearing Certification Course, Die Trageschule Dresden, Germany
- (2017) Babywearing Course – Advanced, Die Trageschule Dresden, Germany
- (2017) Babywearing Course – Basic, Die Trageschule Dresden, Germany
- (2014) Babywearing Basic Course, School of Babywearing, Australia
- (2004) Breastfeeding Counselor Course by Doris Fok (IBCLC) under Breastfeeding Mothers’ Support Group, Singapore
Pearline finds great joy especially in helping parents walk through their babywearing options and selecting the right-fitting carrier that meets their lifestyle and needs during personalized sessions. She also works with groups through talks and workshops.
Areas of specialization:
Infant handling and choice of babywearing options
Private Consultations of existing Carriers
Babywearing & Breastfeeding
- Basic Wrapping Skills including Stretchies, Hybrids & Woven
- Ring Slings
- Baby Carrier Fitting with Soft-structured & Semi-Hard Structured Carrier